9 DAYS LEMOSHO ROUTE-KILIMANJARO TREKKING ITINERARY begins and ends in Arusha.
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport, there will be a private transfer from Overland Safaris waiting at the airport to pick up you to Arusha.
All airport transfers are part of the package, no extra fee is required.
EMAIL US AT ANY TIME TO DISCUSS YOUR TRIP AND GET AN ACCURATE QUOTATION.
DAY 1: ARRIVE IN TANZANIA:
We stay at the Arusha Safari Lodge, which is a beautiful Hotel located on the lower slopes of Mount Meru and is a perfect place to prepare you for the adventure.
We will gather in the evening at 5:30 pm for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and travel insurance.
Dinner and overnight at Arusha Safari Lodge: Bed, dinner, and Breakfast-included.
DAY 2: MTI MKUBWA CAMP (FULL BOARD)
After breakfast at the hotel in Arusha, we drive approximately 2 hours through the rural countryside to the Londrossi Gate. For the necessary park registration formalities at the Londorossi National Park gate, we drive through varied farmland with open views over the plains to reach the Lemosho road head. We start our ascent along the forest trail we camp at Lemosho Mti Mkubwa Camp.
Londrossi Gate to Mti Mkubwa Camp (2,650 m); 3-4 hours walking.
DAY 3: SHIRA ONE CAMP (FULL BOARD)
We leave the forest behind now, the trail climbs steadily with wide views to reach the rim of the Shira Plateau. A full day trekking with a slow and steady pace up to Shira Camp.
Mti Mkubwa Camp to Shira One Camp (3,550 m): 6-7 hours walking.
DAY 4: SHIRA HUT (FULL BOARD)
Today we follow an easy path to the summit of Shira Cathedral before reaching the next camp at Shira Hut.
As this camp is quite exposed, it can be substantially colder than the previous night, with temperatures dropping to well below freezing.
Shira Camp to Shira Hut (3,840 m): 3-5 hours walking.
DAY 5: MOIR HUT (FULL BOARD)
In the morning we cross part of the plateau through lush heather and moorland then into expensive high Savannah desert before reaching more huts in the alpine zone. For extra acclimatization one can take walks around for the higher lands around the camp; the views are superb. Lunch will be served at the Fisher camp.
The afternoon will be the acclimatization walk up onto the Lent Hills, the summit of which is at 4,700 meters.
Shira Hut to Moir Hut (4,200m): 3-4 hours walking.
DAY 6: BARRANCO VALLEY (FULL BOARD)
Today we walk on a gentle ascent and panoramic views. We traverse the southwest side of Kilimanjaro, passing underneath the Lava Tower and the final section of the Western Breach and after hot lunch the bottom of the Lava Tower (4,600 m.) we descend to the bottom of the Great Barranco valley (3,900 m.).
Moir Hut to Barranco valley (3,900 m.): 5-7 hours walking.
DAY 7: KARANGA CAMP (FULL BOARD)
A steep climb up the eastern wall leads us just below the Heim Glacier, where we may have some spectacular views of Kilimanjaro. We then take a steep exit up the Great Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo, the trail continues down into the alpine desert of the Karanga Valley, finally, we have a steep climb up to Karanga Camp.
Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp (4,000 m): 4-5 hours walking.
DAY 8: BARAFU CAMP (FULL BOARD)
Today we take the Traverse Route that takes up the Barafu Ridge, we walk up quite slowly to the final camp before your last ascent day to the summit.
The remainder of the day is spent relaxing in preparation for the final ascent before a very early night.
Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp (4,600 m): 3-4 hours walking.
DAY 9: SUMMIT TO MWEKA CAMP (FULL BOARD)
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zigzags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Stella Point, at 5,735m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the two hour round trip from here, along with the crater rim to the main peak (5,895 m), which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Barafu is amazingly fast, and we stop at Barafu Camp for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Mweka Camp.
Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp (3100 m): 13-15 hours walking.
DAY 10: MWEKA GATE TO ARUSHA (FULL BOARD)
A gentle walk takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka gate successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. After lunch, we drive back to Arusha Safari Lodge.
Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate: 3-5 hours walking.
Dinner and overnight at Arusha Safari Lodge: Bed, dinner and Breakfast-included.
DAY 11: DEPARTING DAY:
After saying bye to our team of guides, then you need a private departure transfer, which is included from Arusha to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) for your flight unless you have an option to have a short safari or any other option we will discuss.
MOUNT KILIMANJARO-LEMOSHO ROUTE 9 DAYS TREKKING CLIMB INCLUDES:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Arusha and Arusha to Kilimanjaro airport
• Hotel Lodging the night before and the night after the climb, with dinner and breakfast included (double occupancy)
• With bed dinner and breakfast
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb and return to your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees, and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency Oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew as per guidelines set by the Kilimanjaro National Park
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp to the next camp.
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
• Flying Doctor Service
MOUNT KILIMANJARO-LEMOSHO ROUTE 9 DAYS TREKKING EXCLUDES:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US $ 230 to US $ 300 per hiker – depending on the number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
• South African passport holders do NOT require a visa for Tanzania, however, most other nationalities require a visa for Tanzania
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if travelling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Optional, but highly recommended Portable toilet
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks.
ITINERARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
A non-refundable 25% deposit is required to secure the tour and begin the necessary booking processes and ground preparations. An invoice will be sent to the client together with the payment instructions.
The final balance payment of the tour booked is required to be paid not later than 20 days before the tour starts. Bookings made within 20 days prior to the arrival date should be paid in full.
Cancellation received 30 days or more before the tour starts: No Cancellation Fees will be charged.
Cancellation received 20 days before the tour starts: 25% Cancellation Fee will be charged.
Cancellation received 10 days before the tour starts: 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
Cancellation received within 48hrs before the tour starts: 100% Cancellation Fee will be charged.