Kilimanjaro group climbs are great if you are travelling solo, or just wish to experience Mount Kilimanjaro climb with other travellers from around the world.
All group climbs are guaranteed to depart regardless of the number of participants.
Your trip will never be cancelled, and you will never be asked to pay more, even if you are the only person booked on this climb.
We climb Mount Kilimanjaro every day of the year and we can schedule a climb with just 2 days’ notice for any booking group size. However, many climbers particularly those travelling solo – prefer to join others who have already booked.
THE BEST MONTHS TO CLIMB KILIMANJARO.
Normally March, April, and May are the months with long rains and should be avoided.
November is usually short rain but it does not often rain all day so Climbing is possible.
The best Months for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro are January, February, and also August and September.
July can be colder and November to December can be wet.
January to February is the warmest month, almost clear of clouds each evening and morning.
The success rates with our guides are outstanding compared to the overall success rates for all climbers who attempt to reach the top.
Our trips are for active, flexible-minded people who enjoy the unusual and adventurous.
For trips that have an emphasis on mountain climbing, you need to remember that even the easiest trekking involves some exertion, so you should be reasonably fit and sure that you will enjoy the activity.
TREKKING ROUTE ARRIVAL DATE DEPARTURE DATE TREKKING COSTS AVAILABILITIES.
6 Days Machame Route Dec 8, 2023 Dec 13, 2023 $1950 Open to join
7 Days Machame Route Dec 14, 2023 Dec 20, 2023 $2050 Open to join
8 Days Lemosho Route Dec 18, 2023 Dec 25, 2023 $2250 Open to join
7 Days Machame Route Dec 24, 2023 Jan 01, 2024 $2050 Open to join
7 Days Lemosho Route Jan 10, 2024 Jan 16, 2024 $2150 Open to join
6 Days Machame Route Jan 19, 2024 Jan 24, 2024 $1950 Open to join
KILIMANJARO ACTIVE GROUP JOINING CLIMBS INCLUDES:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Arusha and Arusha to Kilimanjaro airport
• Hotel Lodging the night before and the night after the climb, with dinner and breakfast included (double occupancy)
• with bed dinner and breakfast
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb and return to your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees, and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National Park
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp to the next camp.
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
• Flying Doctor Service
KILIMANJARO ACTIVE GROUP JOINING CLIMBS EXCLUDES:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US $ 230 to US $ 300 per hiker – depending on the number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
• South African passport holders do NOT require a visa for Tanzania, however, most other nationalities require a visa for Tanzania
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Optional but highly recommended Portable toilet
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks.
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen, and Pulse Oximeters).
All customers traveling with Overland Safaris are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation, and repatriation cover.
Originally posted 2022-04-20 07:44:56.
Originally posted 2022-04-20 07:44:56.